Even as an intern, you gain exposure to chief financial officers, controllers, and other experienced business leaders. This builds your confidence and develops the transition from college student to accounting professional.
—Aaron, staff accountant, University of Minnesota
LarsonAllen works for me while I work for them. In exchange for my effort and performance, I receive personal coaching and tutoring, which not only helps me do a better job, but become a better person.
—Corey, staff accountant, Boston College
LarsonAllen offers internships in most of our locations
. As an intern, you will work side by side with staff, managers, principals, and clients. This is a great opportunity to work in the field and get to know both the profession you have chosen and LarsonAllen.
Internships typically run January through March 15 or April 15. You will work the busy season—that means full-time plus. As such, we encourage our interns to focus on their internship, and plan academics accordingly.
Approximately 85 percent of our interns return to LarsonAllen as full-time staff accountants once they graduate.
Staff accountant intern
As a full-time accounting intern, you will do the following:
- Participate on audits; prepare corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns; and complete special projects utilizing various software programs
- Assist audit team in preparation of financial statements and audit reports
- Gain exposure to a variety of industries through audits and the tax preparation process
- Have extensive client contact via field audit experience
- Attend a training program to become familiar with LarsonAllen audit and tax programs
For consideration, we require:
- Working toward a BA/BS in accounting (must meet the 150 credit hour requirement)
- Completion of tax course and audit course
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Copy of transcript